Patternmaking: Intro to Creating Shape and Form | Moderate Level
Are you interested in starting the process of creating your own clothing patterns? Or learning how to draft a pattern based off of an existing garment?
In this class we will work through the fundamental techniques of pattern manipulation commonly used for creating shape and form in clothing. We will learn..
• How to read a paper pattern
• Common and useful tools used in patterning
• How to trace garments to create a pattern
• How to manipulate patterns to create darts, seams, add fullness and design details.
• How to reverse engineer garments to build an understanding of how 3D garments are made from 2D shapes.
All to establish the core techniques in all flat patterning.
This is a beginner class designed for those just starting their exploration in pattern making, or for those with a self-taught pattern making background interested in building a stronger foundation of technical skills. You will leave with the underlying techniques that are the base for flat pattern making and can be built upon over time. To get the most out of this class it is recommended that you have a confident understanding of clothing construction and have sewn a variety of garments.
Come as you are. All materials provided
This class is taught by Winsome Founder, Kathryn Sterner and Apparel Design Educator, Lindsey Strange.
4-5 hours // Full class size: 6 // Class starts at 12pm